Saturday, October 20, 2012

multicolored french tips

So, I know I haven't uploaded any new posts. So, here's one! I decided to do a bit of nail art today. I am officially in love with Red Carpet Manicure. If you haven't heard it it yet, it's an at home gel manicure kit. I've had it for about two months now and I can't express how happy I am with it, it's just that great. It applies just like normal nail polish except you use a LED UV lamp to cure the polish. Result? a completely dry-time free application! I strongly suggest that those of you who are discouraged by chips and stuff on nail polish give this a chance! You may be pleasantly surprised :)  


In White Lighting


In the picture, I am wearing RCM (red carpet manicure) 164 - it's not taupe as a base. The tips are all multicolored so I'll start from:
Thumb - étude house (korean brand) WH703
Index finger - OPI Gargantuan Green Grape
Middle finger - Essie 279 St Lucia Lilac
Ring finger - Chanel Le Vernis Chanel 551 Coco Blue
Pinky - Chanel Le Vernis 521 Rose Caché

French tip colors
In Warm Lighting




I free handed the tips so some of them aren't perfect but I think I prefer this way sometimes, as it's a bit more hassle-free. Though if you are looking for french tip guides and don't want to have to go out and buy them specifically, use paper hole reinforcements. Just cut them in half and stick them on. They create a good smile line and it's much cheaper. And if you have any papers that needs reinforcing, then it's just a bonus! 




RCM I'm not a Taupe Polish







This is the bottle of RCM gel polish that I am totally a fan of. It's a smaller bottle at 9ml (0.30 fl oz) but since I don't usually go through my polishes that quickly, it's fine for me! They're sold at Rexall for 12.99 each. While this may be a bit more expensive than your generic drugstore polishes, it really is worth the money that you spend on it. Zero dry-time is a priority for me! And plus, they're still loads cheaper than a designer brand nail polish :)






Nail Art Polishes

I used a metallic silver nail art polish just under the french tips then went over that with a glittery silvery nail art polish. I find that if you just use the glitter polish it doesn't show up as well. 

Red Carpet Manicure Kits and Essie polishes are available for purchase at Rexall drugstores. Le Vernis polishes are available at Chanel counters. OPI polishes are available for purchase at Trade Secrets. Nail art polishes are available for purchase at Sally's Beauty stores. Unfortunately, there are no licensed retailers for Étude House polishes, but you can find them at select stores in Pacific Mall or online.

I hope you guys liked this simple multi-colored french tip look. Mine aren't much of a fall tone, so what colors and shades would you use for yours? Do you prefer to freehand your tips or use a stencil? How do you prefer to do some of your nail art? with nail art polishes or with a nail art brush or something even more creative?













No comments:

Post a Comment